Table of Contents
- Our Principles
- Personal Information BB Collects
- What BB does with the Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Bright Birds to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information BB Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- When you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter;
- When you register to establish a user account on any of our Websites (such as EduRoo (located at http://eduroo.com.au);
- When you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we may make available.
What BB does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletters in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Bright Birds and our Websites.
Participating in Our Community: Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Websites (any such person, a “Registered User”), including but not limited to EduRoo (located at http://eduroo.com.au) you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. Providing your email address allows us to provide Website related features including sending you your password should you forget it. If you are required to provide your real name (as is the case with EduRoo), your name will be associated with the content you contribute to the Website (such as when you comment on a Blog entry). We will also use that personal information to establish and maintain your membership and provide you with the features we provide for Registered Users, and for the purpose of contacting you about upcoming news and events relevant to Bright Birds and our Websites.
If provided, your name may be associated with content you contribute to our Websites.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Bright Birds’ practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Bright Birds may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Websites.
If Bright Birds is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Bright Birds will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or BB is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites
Bright Birds has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Bright Birds stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy:
Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Websites and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from our server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Websites are being used, to improve our Websites and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. BB may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Websites for those same purposes.
No Retention. BB discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Notice. If Bright Birds is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information, then BB will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless BB is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
We will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Our Terms of Service specifically prohibit anyone using our Websites from submitting any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age. Any person who provides their personal information to BB through the Websites represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in Australia. If you are accessing the Websites from the United States, the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from Australia's laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to Australia which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to Australia as indicated above.