A new flexible tool for your teacher's toolkit
There are so many tools, digital or otherwise, for teachers to use with their students. Some would say there is a glut of possibilities with a vast array of foci and quality attached to each. It can be a minefield to traverse through what's available.
We believe that EduRoo has a place in there too — a key place — because of our ability to fluidly integrate with what you're already teaching.
Some current uses for EduRoo in your classroom
1. After a Guided Reading session, you could set up a Multiple Choice activity for those specific children as a task to do the following day or for homework.
2. Some students struggle to order a sentence correctly. Take a sentence from a text you have read in class, put in it the Sentence Sort activity and ask your students to put it back together on your interactive whiteboard.
3. Help build a student's mental maths abilities through Professor Pigwig's Rocket Maths while they also learn the order of the planets.
4. Have you been working on tens facts? You can also use Professor Pigwig's Rocket Maths to help your students practise exactly that!
5. Create Word Finds with the precise words that you want and tweak the letter case and word directions to adjust the difficulty. The words will be hidden in a different spot every time!
6. Get everyone involved by creating a game for your whole class to play on your interactive whiteboard.
7. Quickly generate printable worksheets based on your own content for many of our activities.
Some educational activities currently in development
We're working hard to create many new educational games, activities and teaching resources. Some of the activities currently in development are:
- A game version of Sentence Sort where students must sort familiar sentences correctly, to gain clues to catch the mischievous master of disguise Wiggleston.
- A memory game that will be usable in Literacy, Mathematics and more!
- A spelling game based on our ever hungry dinosaur Spellosaurus-Rex.
Using EduRoo in your classroom
EduRoo has not been designed to 'be' your practice, as we all know that students learn in different ways.
Instead EduRoo's educational resources are made to complement many of the standard activities you already incorporate into your weekly routines.
We want to make something that works for you!